Team Painting Activity
November 2, 2022
Tips for creating your artwork:
- When mixing a PASTEL -- start with white and add a dot of the color. Add more color until you get the pastel you like.
- Covering a large area or see some of the texture of the canvas (called the "tooth") is still white? Add a small amount of water to the paint on your palette and mix to the consistency of melted ice cream! You should find it flows much better across the canvas now.
- Dark colors next to light colors make the graphics stand out.
- If you like the outlined / "coloring book" look, use a sharpie marker to make your lines permanent black before painting the area. It will show through most paint colors (except navy and dark purple), then you can paint over the sharpie line with black paint or a paint marker to make it a rich black. ***You do not have to blacken the lines if you do not want to.
- Need a dark brown? Mix 50/50 blue with chestnut, or use paint color "Burnt Umber"
- Ask Kimball any questions you have about the painting process, mixing colors, or anything art related!!